Microsoft have been really kind and are allowing every child at Chattenden access to Office365 at home while they are a pupil at the school.
(Once your child leaves the school you are allowed to carry on using the account for another 30 days.)
So what is Office365 and how do you get access?
What Is Office365?
Office365 gives you access to Microsoft's famous office suite online to use on almost all devices with Internet access.
Online cloud storage that allows you to store your files safely and also share them with others in school. You can store files not created by Office 365 such as photos.
Spread sheet program with the facility to work out sums and create graphs automatically. The online version automatically saves your files.
This allows a user to collect pages from the Internet, typed notes, pictures and hand written notes and store them like a scrap book. It can then be shared with other users.
Presentation program that allows you to combine text, pictures, graphs, video and audio with multiple pages. The online version automatically saves your files.
How Do You Get It?
- The first thing you need to do is send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your child's name and year group.
- We will create an account for you and you will receive an email from Microsoft with your login details.
- Go to www.office.com and click on the sign in button
- Sign in with the details in the email sent to you.
- The first time you login it will ask you to change the password to one of your choice.
- You will then have access to the Office 365 apps. Simply click on one to launch. Some of these apps have no use for the children but are are provided as part of the Office 365 as they are linked.
- The online versions allows you to share and collaborate with other people. It save automatically every so often or lets you download.
- If you have a DropBox account you can connect it your Office365 account to access your files.
If you have any problems then you can contact us using the email@example.com email address.