Home Learning in event of snow day
Remote Learning Day 1
L.O: Rounding decimals (part 1)
- In this lesson, we will learn how to round numbers with on decimal place using visual prompts such as a number line.
History VIP: Mary Anning by Kay Barnham
L.O: To introduce the context and genre of a text
- In this lesson, we will analyze the front cover to infer the genre and subject of the text. We will then explore some of the key features of non-fiction texts and consider their purpose.
Remote Learning Day 2
L.O: Rounding decimals (part 2)
- In this lesson, we will investigate and model solutions to a number of round problems which include rounding to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000.
L.O: To answer retrieval questions
- In this lesson, we will focus on developing retrieval skills. We will read sections of text and answer retrieval questions.
Remote Learning Day 3
L.O: Decimal Number Bonds
- In this lesson, we will use our knowledge of whole-number bonds to solve decimal-number bonds.
L.O: To answer language questions (part 1)
- In this lesson, we will read sections of the text and answer questions about the author’s use of language.