“If you don’t know history, then you don’t know anything. You are a leaf that doesn’t know it is part of a tree. ” ― Michael Crichton
At Chattenden Primary School we value the role history has in expanding our knowledge of the past; who we are today, where we came from and the significant events and people that have influenced our lives today.
We aim to provide a diverse, challenging and inspiring curriculum that enables children to develop confidence, resilience and a sense of achievement. The aims of our history curriculum at Chattenden are:
- For pupils to be taught about history being a study of the past
- To know and understand significant aspects of the history of the wider world
- For pupils to understand the timeline and chronology of eras and key events
- To understand the importance of individuality and critical thinking. How to evaluate primary and secondary sources of evidence and how they shape our understanding of the past.
- To be able to link our historical knowledge to formulate an understanding of local, national and international history.